Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up!

Sometimes I think life sends you little divine gifts that you were meant to see at a specific point in time. I guess for me, as corny as it might seem, Up! was one of those little gifts.
I'd expect nothing less of a Pixar movie, but the underlying theme is something that gets overlooked a lot these days (I'm guilty of it all the time), so I'm glad it was addressed. I won't spoil anything, but it's definitely worth a watch. Your heart will thank you.

This weekend has been really good. Seeing the movie with a group of friends, a nice dinner with dad, Tara, Lexi and Nathan, and a few other various highlights. We might not be able to go to dinner tonight, which would make me kind of sad. But it will leave me some extra time to do homework, which I have been stupidly neglecting.

Speaking of school... I think this will be my last quarter for awhile. Possibly ever, at this school. Not because I don't enjoy it, not because I don't want to succeed. I just don't think I was truly ready to take this on. I need to do a little more discovering on my own about what kind of designer I want to be, what kind of career I want to have, and what kind of person I am in relation to all that. I think if I tried working at my own pace for a little while, and focused more on my job, that might be healthy. You could look at it as giving up, but I know now this could be a healthier path for me. Not giving up at all- just changing directions. For a while the only thing that's kept me going is worrying about who I'm going to disappoint, when all the while I've disappointed myself. Does that make sense? I think so.

What I'd like to do in the near future as well, is actually follow through with one of my other dreams of selling my own art. I could sell it online on sights like Etsy, or possibly try some fairs or farmers markets in the area. I will do some more research, but I know this is something I'm capable of accomplishing. And a little extra money never hurt anyone. :)

Now I need to do homework. And make lunch. Oooh what a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea! Don't ever worry about who you will dissappoint. Except for yourself, of course. Get on Etsy! That's a great way to start!! You can do whatever you want to do, sky's the limit. It's just hard figuring out just what it is you want, right? don't limit yourself to just one thing, do it all!

    ReplyDelete