Monday, April 27, 2009

Ikea-fied

Our house is starting to look less like two empty rooms with boxes and miscellaneous crap. We finally got a dresser, some neat orange paper-y lamps, and even some cacti. Not that plants really fall into the furniture category, but I was starting to feel suffocated by all the white walls. Some extra life is helping.

I actually painted today. And even though the picture I did is kind of anatomically incorrect... I just adore it. o.o Yeah, it's weird. I don't enjoy bragging, and yet I have to. I made something that makes ME happy. And while I hope other people see it and think "hey that's pretty rad", it's not all that significant. Maybe I will post a picture, but it's way too big to fit in a scanner.. so it's likely a crappy photograph will have to do.

Mild annoyances that are hard to ignore right now: no money, still having huge difficulties with sewing, various little relationship misunderstandings.. you know. Same shit. Maybe I should have stayed later today and sewed more.. but I had to do something for me. I've been working my ass off for other people non-stop for the past few days, I had to get it out. I still feel guilty about it, though. I just can't seem to jump that hurdle of understanding when it comes to sewing. Truly maddening.

Oh, and I kind of need to work on making some friends here. Seattle is pretty amazing, but I'm guessing some of it's inhabitants are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment